Worklife Balance for Parents and Carers
As a parent or carer, finding balance between work and home life can be a challenge. This workshop is designed to provide employees who are parents or carers with the skills and tools to effectively manage their work and home life, in order to achieve a sense of balance and well-being.
Throughout the session, we will cover both the theoretical and practical elements of work-life balance, including tips, actional steps, and strategies for achieving balance as a parent or carer. We will also delve into the many ways in which work-life balance can be implemented in daily life, including through time management, setting boundaries, and seeking support.
Topics to be covered
- Introduction to the importance of work-life balance for parents and carers
- Tips and strategies for achieving work-life balance
- Actional steps for implementing work-life balance in daily life
- Toolkit for developing Work Life Balance for Parents and Carers, including actionable strategies, practices, trackers, templates, and other resources
- Practical exercises to support the development of work-life balance
included in 90-min, 3hr and 7hr sessions.
- Priority Setting and Goal Alignment: Participants identify their top priorities in both their personal and professional lives, set specific goals related to these priorities, and practice using the Eisenhower Matrix (urgent vs. important) to categorize tasks.
- Technology Detox: Participants plan “tech-free zones” in their homes to create a space for uninterrupted family interactions.
- Gratitude Practice: Participants will engage in a gratitude exercise, listing things they are thankful for each day – introducing this practice as a tool for shifting focus from stress to positivity.