Understanding Resistance to Change:
Identifying and Managing Resistance
- Presentation Length: 90-mins / Half Day
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
Change is a constant in today’s fast-paced business world, and organizations that can successfully navigate change are more likely to thrive. However, resistance to change is a common challenge that can hinder progress and prevent organizations from reaching their full potential.
In this presentation, participants will learn strategies for identifying and managing resistance to change, as well as developing change management plans that effectively address potential obstacles.
- Change Management Plan Template
- Resistance to Change Assessment Tool
- Stakeholder Engagement Checklist
- Communication Plan Template
- Change Readiness Assessment Tool
- The Psychology of Resistance: Learn how to effectively manage resistance within their teams and organizations.
- Communication Strategies: Engaging stakeholders and building buy-in for change initiatives.
- Building a Change Management Plan: Addresses potential obstacles and manages resistance to change.
- Overcoming Resistance: Strategies for managing emotional reactions and building resilience.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Identifying and addressing their concerns.
- Building a Culture of Change: Empowering employees to embrace new ideas and drive innovation.
- Measuring Success: Using data to continuously improve the change management processes.
- Stakeholder Mapping Exercise – Participants will identify stakeholders and their potential concerns related to a change initiative, and develop strategies for engaging and managing their resistance.
- Resistance Role-Play Exercise – Participants will engage in a role-play exercise to practice managing resistance to change and developing effective communication strategies.
- Change Management Plan Development – Participants will work in small groups to develop a change management plan for a hypothetical change initiative, including strategies for managing resistance.
(included in Half-Day sessions)
- ADKAR Model: Participants will learn about the ADKAR model, a change management framework that outlines the key stages of individual change and strategies for effectively managing each stage.
- Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model: Participants will explore Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model, a framework for developing a comprehensive change management plan that includes strategies for building buy-in, empowering action, and creating a culture of change.
- Lewin’s Change Management Model: Participants will learn about Lewin’s Change Management Model, a framework for understanding the change process and developing strategies for effectively managing resistance to change.
Effective change management requires a combination of strategic planning, effective communication, and skilled leadership.
By understanding the psychology of resistance to change and developing strategies for overcoming it, participants in this session will be better equipped to lead successful change initiatives within their organizations.