Understanding and Overcoming It
Unconscious bias is a term used to describe the attitudes or stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. These biases are often formed based on our experiences and can influence the way we interact with others. While unconscious bias can be harmful, it is also a natural part of being human.
In this session, we will explore how to recognize and address unconscious bias in ourselves and others.
- Grasping the Nature of Unconscious Bias: Defining its Subtle Influence
- Diving into the Bias Spectrum: Identifying Various Forms and Manifestations
- Unmasking Bias Origins: Exploring Causes and Development
- Strategies for Bias Awareness: Tools and Techniques for Workplace Recognition
- Self-Reflection’s Crucial Role: Emphasizing Ongoing Self-Awareness in Bias Mitigation
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Reflection and journaling: Participants will be asked to reflect on a situation where they have been influenced by unconscious bias and how it could have been different if they were more aware of their biases
- Role-playing: A scenario-based exercise that allows participants to practice recognizing and addressing unconscious bias in a hypothetical workplace scenario.