THE ROLE OF ETHICS IN DECISION MAKING
Ethics play a crucial role in decision making, as they help us to consider the impact of our actions on ourselves, others, and society as a whole. In this skills training workshop, we will focus on the importance of considering ethical considerations when making decisions, and how to approach ethical dilemmas.
Through a combination of theory and practical exercises, we will learn how to apply ethical principles in the workplace to make more responsible and virtuous decisions.
- To understand the role of ethics in decision making
- To learn about ethical principles and how to apply them in the workplace
- To practice approaching ethical dilemmas and making responsible decisions
- To learn how to incorporate ethical considerations into daily decision making
- Lecture and discussion on the concept of ethics and its role in decision making
- Group activities and discussions to practice approaching ethical dilemmas and making responsible decisions
- Case study analysis to apply ethical principles in the workplace
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights for guiding ethical decision making
- The Golden Rule for ethical reasoning
- The Three Ethical Questions for evaluating the consequences of an action
At the end of this session, participants will have a deeper understanding of the role of ethics in decision making, and will have gained practical skills for approaching ethical dilemmas and making responsible decisions.
They will also have the tools and frameworks to incorporate ethical considerations into their daily decision making in the workplace, and will be better equipped to act with integrity, respect, responsibility, and fairness.
By incorporating ethics into their decision making, participants will be able to make more virtuous choices that benefit themselves, others, and society as a whole.