The Power of Positive Psychology:
Building a Happy and Engaged Workforce
Positive psychology is the study of human flourishing and optimal functioning. It focuses on the strengths and virtues that enable individuals and communities to thrive.
In this presentation, managers and team leaders will learn how to apply the principles of positive psychology to build a happy and engaged workforce that fosters creativity, innovation, and growth.
- Uncover strategies for nurturing a positive mindset and fostering a sense of optimism among team members.
- Explore the pivotal role of positive emotions in boosting workplace satisfaction.
- Recognize the immense value of positive interpersonal connections at work.
- Learn techniques for building trust and rapport among team members.
- Discover how positive psychology fuels higher employee engagement.
- Uncover the significance of employee well-being and its profound impact on workplace happiness.
- Align the core values of a positive workplace culture with organizational values.
- Identify and tackle common obstacles on the path to implementing positive psychology in the workplace.
- Examine how leadership shapes a positive work environment.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Trust-Building Exercise: Teams will engage in trust-building activities, strengthening positive interpersonal connections.
- Problem-Solving Scenario: Teams will work through problem-solving scenarios related to maintaining a positive culture, finding creative solutions.
- Positive Leadership Role-Play: Participants will role-play positive leadership behaviors in various workplace scenarios.
(included in Half-Day sessions)
- The “PERMA” model of wellbeing: Positive Emotions, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, and Accomplishment
- The “4C” model of positive leadership: Confidence, Competence, Character, and Connection
- The “SMART” goal-setting framework for creating specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goals