Substance Use and Addiction: Understanding Impacts on Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Presentation Length: 60-mins / 90-mins
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
Substance use and addiction can have serious impacts on mental health and well-being, and can also affect job performance and relationships in the workplace. However, there is still a significant amount of stigma and misinformation surrounding addiction, which can prevent individuals from seeking help and accessing support.
In this presentation, we will explore the impacts of substance use and addiction on mental health and well-being, and discuss strategies for addressing addiction in the workplace.
- Understanding substance use and addiction, including risk factors and warning signs
- The impacts of addiction on mental health, job performance, and relationships
- Strategies for supporting employees dealing with addiction, including access to resources and support
- Tips for creating a workplace culture that promotes addiction awareness and support
- Addressing addiction stigma and promoting understanding and compassion
(included in 90-min sessions)
- Small group discussions on ways to support employees dealing with addiction
- A resource-sharing exercise to explore addiction support services available to employees
- Reflection exercises for identifying personal biases and stereotypes around addiction
By the end of this session, participants will have gained a deeper understanding of the impacts of substance use and addiction on mental health and well-being, as well as strategies for addressing addiction in the workplace.