Resilience in Action:
Strategies for Coping with Adversity
Resilience is the ability to bounce back from adversity, to adapt and thrive in the face of challenges and setbacks. It is a crucial skill for anyone, but especially for employees who may face difficult situations in their work. In this skills training workshop, we will explore strategies for coping with adversity and building resilience in action. We will focus on practical techniques such as reframing negative thoughts, seeking social support, and practicing mindfulness, and we will discuss how these strategies can be leveraged within work settings to help employees better cope with challenges and adversity.
- To understand the concept of resilience and its importance in the face of adversity
- To learn practical techniques for coping with adversity and building resilience
- To discuss how these techniques can be applied in work settings to improve resilience
- This training will include a mix of lectures, discussions, and practical exercises to allow participants to actively engage with the material and apply the concepts to their own lives.
- Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences and challenges in order to facilitate a supportive and safe learning environment.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Stress and Coping (S&C) model: a framework for understanding how individuals cope with stress and adversity through a combination of problem-focused coping and emotion-focused coping.
- The Resilience and Coping (R&C) model: a framework for understanding resilience as a dynamic process involving both coping with adversity and adapting to new challenges and opportunities.
- The Social Cognitive Theory (SCT): a framework for understanding how thoughts, beliefs, and attitudes impact coping with adversity.