Resilience and Communication:
The Role of Communication in Coping With Adversity
Resilience is the ability to bounce back from adversity and thrive in the face of challenges and setbacks. Effective communication is a crucial aspect of building resilience, as it allows us to express our emotions, seek social support, and navigate difficult situations. In this skills training workshop, we will explore the role of communication in building resilience and how to use effective communication strategies to cope with adversity. We will focus on techniques such as active listening, expressing emotions constructively, and seeking social support through communication, and we will discuss how these strategies can be leveraged within work settings to help employees better cope with challenges and adversity.
- To understand the role of communication in building resilience
- To learn effective communication strategies for coping with adversity
- To discuss how these strategies can be applied in work settings to improve resilience and adaptability
- This training will include a mix of lectures, discussions, and practical exercises to allow participants to actively engage with the material and apply the concepts to their own lives.
- Participants will be encouraged to share their own experiences and challenges in order to facilitate a supportive and safe learning environment.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Social Support and Communication (SSC) model: a framework for understanding the role of social support and effective communication in coping with adversity.
- The Communication Resilience model: a framework for understanding how effective communication skills can help individuals cope with adversity and build resilience.
- The Social Exchange Theory (SET): a framework for understanding how social relationships are based on a balance of rewards and costs, and how effective communication is key in maintaining positive relationships.