Prioritization Skills Training
- Presentation Length: 60-mins / 90-mins / Half Day
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
In this workshop, participants will be discussing the importance of prioritization in the workplace and how it can lead to improved efficiency and productivity for both employees and the organization as a whole. The workshop will cover a range of topics, including the different approaches to prioritization, the benefits of prioritizing effectively, and actionable steps and strategies for improving and leveraging these skills in a work setting.
The session will include a mix of both theoretical and practical elements, including exercises to help participants apply the concepts and techniques covered.
- The importance of prioritization in the workplace
- Different approaches to prioritization
- The benefits of effective prioritization
- Actionable steps and strategies for improving prioritization skills
- Practical exercises for applying these skills in a work setting
(included in 90-min and Half Day sessions)
- Prioritization exercise: Participants will be given a list of tasks and asked to prioritize them based on importance and deadline. They will then create a schedule for completing these tasks and reflect on any challenges or strategies they used in the process.
- Time management exercise: Participants will be given a scenario where they have a fixed amount of time to complete a set of tasks. They will be asked to use their prioritization skills to determine which tasks are the most important and allocate their time accordingly.
- Delegation exercise: Participants will be given a list of tasks and asked to identify which ones they could delegate to someone else. They will then practice delegating these tasks to a team member and reflect on the process.
(included in Half-Day sessions)
Eisenhower Matrix: This framework involves categorizing tasks into four quadrants based on their urgency and importance. Participants learn how to use this matrix to prioritize their tasks and focus their efforts on the most critical and time-sensitive tasks.
ABC Analysis: This framework involves categorizing tasks into three categories based on their level of importance. Participants learn how to use this analysis to prioritize tasks based on their value to the organization and their impact on achieving their goals.
Agile Scrum: This framework involves breaking down large projects into smaller, manageable tasks and prioritizing them based on their importance to achieving the project’s goals. Participants learn how to use this framework to manage their workload more effectively and collaborate with their team to ensure everyone is working on the most critical tasks.
By the end of the session, attendees will have gained a deeper understanding of the different approaches to prioritization and the benefits of prioritizing effectively. They will also have learned actionable steps and strategies for improving their prioritization skills and will be able to apply these skills in a work setting. With this knowledge, attendees should be able to prioritize their tasks and projects in a way that optimizes their time and resources, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.
Overall, attendees will leave the session with a better understanding of how to prioritize their workload and manage their time more effectively.