the Work-Family Balance:
Strategies for Working Parents
Working parents face unique challenges when it comes to balancing the demands of their job and their family commitments. It can be difficult to find time for both, leading to feelings of stress and burnout. In this training, we will discuss the challenges faced by working parents and provide strategies for balancing work and family commitments. The goal is to help HR teams and managers understand the issues faced by working parents and provide tools and resources to support them in finding a healthy work-family balance.
- To understand the challenges faced by working parents in balancing work and family commitments
- To explore strategies for managing work and family commitments effectively
- To provide HR teams and managers with tools and resources to support working parents in finding a healthy work-family balance
- Definition of work-family balance and its importance
- Challenges faced by working parents in balancing work and family commitments
- Strategies for managing work and family commitments effectively
- Workplace policies and support for working parents
- Resources for working parents
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises and role-plays
- Case studies and real-life examples
- The training will include both theoretical and practical elements, combining lectures and discussions with group exercises and role-plays.
- Participants will have the opportunity to explore real-life examples and case studies, as well as to practice applying the strategies and tools learned in the session.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Group exercise: Participants will work in small groups to identify challenges faced by working parents in their own organization and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Role-play: Participants will role-play a scenario in which a working parent is struggling to balance work and family commitments and will practice using the strategies learned in the session to address the issue.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Work-Family Interface Model: This model explains how work and family intersect and how this can lead to conflict or enrichment. It can be leveraged within work settings by understanding the different ways in which work and family intersect and implementing policies and practices that support a healthy work-family balance.
- The Work-Life Integration Model: This model emphasizes the fluidity and flexibility of the work-family balance, recognizing that it can vary based on individual circumstances and needs. It can be leveraged within work settings by promoting a culture of flexibility and supporting individualized approaches to work-life integration.
- The Work-Life Balance Continuum: This model suggests that work-life balance exists on a spectrum, with complete separation at one end and complete integration at the other. It can be leveraged within work settings by helping employees find the right balance for them and supporting them in making changes to their work and family commitments as needed.
At the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of the challenges faced by working parents and will be equipped with strategies and resources to support them in finding a healthy work-family balance. Participants will be able to identify and address issues related to work-family balance in their own organization and will be prepared to support working parents in finding a balance that works for them.