A Comprehensive Skills Training on Assessing and Managing Risk
Effective risk assessment and management is a crucial skill for any employee, as it allows individuals to make informed decisions and mitigate potential negative outcomes. In this skills training, participants will learn how to assess the potential risks and benefits of a proposed course of action, as well as how to effectively manage and mitigate those risks. By the end of this session, participants will have gained a deeper understanding of risk assessment and management techniques and be equipped with the tools and strategies needed to navigate risk in a professional setting.
- To understand the importance of risk assessment and management in the workplace
- To learn how to identify and assess potential risks and benefits
- To develop strategies for managing and mitigating risk
- To gain practical experience applying risk assessment and management techniques through exercises and case studies
- Presentation of key concepts and theories
- Group discussion and brainstorming
- Practical exercises and case studies
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a Risk Management Matrix for a proposed project.
- Participants will complete a SWOT Analysis for their organization.
- Participants will apply the Three Lines of Defense Model to a real-world scenario.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Risk Management Matrix: This framework provides a systematic approach to identifying and assessing potential risks and benefits, as well as developing strategies for managing and mitigating those risks.
- The SWOT Analysis: This framework is used to identify an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, which can be useful in assessing potential risks and benefits.
- The Three Lines of Defense Model: This model defines three lines of defense against risk: the first line of defense is the front-line risk management, the second line of defense is the independent risk management function, and the third line of defense is the internal audit function.
- The Risk Management Matrix can be used to identify and assess potential risks and benefits, and to develop strategies for managing and mitigating those risks.
- The SWOT Analysis can be used to identify an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, and to develop strategies to mitigate those risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- The Three Lines of Defense Model can be used to define roles and responsibilities for risk management within an organization, and to ensure that there are multiple layers of protection against risk.