A Skills Training Workshop on Understanding and Leading Change Management
Change is a constant in today’s business environment and it is important for organizations to have a clear understanding of how to manage change effectively. This skills training presentation will cover the basic concepts of change management and provide employees with the tools and knowledge they need to navigate and lead change within their organization.
- To understand the types of change that organizations face
- To understand the stages of the change process
- To learn how to identify and analyze the impacts of change on an organization
- To develop strategies for managing and leading change
- Definition and types of change
- Stages of the change process
- Identifying and analyzing the impacts of change
- Developing strategies for managing and leading change
- The presentation will begin with a discussion of the definition and types of change, including planned, unplanned, and incremental change.
- Next, the stages of the change process will be covered, including diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Following this, the importance of identifying and analyzing the impacts of change on an organization will be discussed, including the potential impacts on employees, stakeholders, and business processes.
- The presentation will then cover strategies for managing and leading change, including communication, stakeholder engagement, and the role of leadership.
- The presentation will include theoretical elements, such as the definitions and stages of change, as well as practical elements, such as strategies for managing and leading change.
- Practical exercises will be included as part of the session, such as case studies and group discussions, to allow participants to apply the concepts learned to real-world situations.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model: This framework outlines a step-by-step process for leading change, including creating a sense of urgency, forming a guiding coalition, creating a vision and strategy, and communicating and implementing the change.
- Lewin’s Change Management Model: This framework identifies three stages of change: unfreezing, movement, and refreezing. The unfreezing stage involves preparing for change, the movement stage involves implementing the change, and the refreezing stage involves consolidating the change.
- ADKAR Model: This framework identifies five stages of change: awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement. The ADKAR model focuses on the individual level of change and helps organizations understand how to support employees through the change process.
- Kotter’s 8-Step Change Model can be used to guide organizations through the change process and ensure that all necessary steps are taken to successfully implement change.
- Lewin’s Change Management Model can be used to understand the stages of change and how to prepare for and manage each stage.
- The ADKAR Model can be used to support individual employees through the change process and ensure that they have the necessary awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement to successfully adapt to change.
At the end of this session, participants will have a strong understanding of the concepts of change management and will be able to identify and analyze the impacts of change on their organization. They will also have the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and implement strategies for managing and leading change effectively. This will enable them to navigate and lead change within their organization and support their colleagues through the change process.