Managing Work-Life Balance:
Strategies for Achieving Balance and Reducing Stress
Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is essential for both personal well-being and professional success. In this skills training workshop, we will explore various frameworks and techniques for achieving balance and reducing stress in the workplace. This session is designed for new and junior managers looking to improve their work-life balance and create a positive work culture.
- Understand the importance of work-life balance and its impact on well-being and productivity
- Identify personal time management and stress management strategies
- Learn techniques for setting boundaries and managing workload
- Develop a plan for improving work-life balance and reducing stress in the workplace
- The importance of work-life balance and its impact on well-being and productivity
- Identifying and addressing common barriers to work-life balance
- Time management strategies for achieving balance
- Stress management techniques for reducing stress in the workplace
- Setting boundaries and managing workload effectively
- Presentation of key concepts and frameworks
- Group discussions and activities
- Case studies and practical examples
- Individual reflection and action planning
- The training will include a mix of theoretical concepts and practical strategies for achieving work-life balance and reducing stress.
- Participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their own work-life balance and apply what they have learned through group discussions and activities.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Time management assessment: Participants will complete a self-assessment to identify their time management strengths and areas for improvement.
- Stress management techniques: Participants will practice stress management techniques such as deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation.
- Boundary-setting activity: Participants will work in small groups to identify common boundaries that may be helpful to establish in the workplace and develop strategies for enforcing them.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- Work-Life Boundary Theory: This theory proposes that individuals need to establish boundaries between their work and personal lives in order to achieve balance.
- The Stress Process Model: This model outlines the various stages of the stress process, including the stressor, appraisal, and coping. By understanding this process, individuals can better identify and manage stressors in their lives.
- Time Management Matrix: This tool, developed by Stephen Covey, helps individuals prioritize tasks and allocate their time more effectively.
- Work-Life Boundary Theory can be used to help individuals understand the importance of establishing boundaries between work and personal life and develop strategies for achieving balance.
- The Stress Process Model can be used to identify and manage stressors in the workplace and develop coping strategies.
- The Time Management Matrix can be used to prioritize tasks and manage workload effectively, helping individuals achieve better work-life balance.
At the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of the importance of work-life balance and strategies for achieving it. They will have identified personal time management and stress management strategies and learned techniques for setting boundaries and managing workload effectively. Participants will leave this session with a plan for improving their work-life balance and reducing stress in the workplace, equipped with the tools and knowledge to create a positive work culture and improve personal well-being.