Managing Mental Health in Uncertain Times
Recent years have brought many challenges and uncertainties, and it is not uncommon for individuals to experience difficulties with their mental health as a result. It is important for employees to have the skills and knowledge to manage their own mental health and well-being, as well as to be able to support their colleagues during these uncertain times.
This training program will provide evidence-based practices and treatment options for managing mental health in uncertain times, as well as a toolkit for managing mental health in both personal and professional settings. Practical exercises will be included to help participants apply what they have learned to their own lives.
At the end of this session, participants will have gained the knowledge and skills to effectively manage their own mental health and support their colleagues in doing the same.
Topics to be covered
- The impact of uncertainty on mental health and well-being
- Evidence-based approaches for managing stress and anxiety: cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based therapy, and others
- Strategies for maintaining mental health and well-being during uncertain times: self-care, setting goals, and managing stress
- Supporting a colleague who may be struggling with their mental health: how to have a supportive conversation and refer them to appropriate resources
- Toolkit for managing mental health in personal and professional settings: resources and strategies for maintaining mental health and well-being
included in 90-min, 3hr and 7hr sessions.
- Participants will practice identifying and challenging negative thoughts and beliefs using cognitivebehavioral techniques
- Participants will engage in a mindfulness exercise to cultivate awareness and acceptance of thoughts and feelings
- Participants will develop a self-care plan to incorporate into their daily routine