Knitting for Mental Wellbeing:
A Hands-On Workshop
Knitting has long been recognized as a form of therapy, with the repetitive motions and focus on a specific task helping to reduce stress and anxiety. In this workshop, participants will learn the basic techniques of knitting and how to use this relaxing hobby to improve their mental health.
- Introduction to knitting materials and tools
- Demonstration of basic knitting stitches
- Practice of knitting techniques
- Discussion on the mental health benefits of knitting
- Techniques for incorporating knitting into a self-care routine
- Participants will be provided with knitting needles and yarn to practice with
- The instructor will demonstrate each technique and provide one-on-one assistance as needed
- The group will discuss the mental health benefits of knitting and brainstorm ideas for incorporating it into a self-care routine
By the end of this workshop, participants will have learned the basic techniques of knitting and how to use this calming hobby to promote mental wellbeing. They will also have the tools to incorporate knitting into their self-care routine and reduce stress and anxiety in their daily lives.