Investing in the Emotional Bank Account
Building and maintaining strong relationships is crucial for both personal and professional success. The concept of an emotional bank account, popularized by Stephen Covey in “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” can be a useful tool for investing in and strengthening relationships.
This workshop will provide employees with the knowledge and skills needed to build trust and invest in relationships through the lens of the emotional bank account.
- Introducing the Emotional Bank Account and Relationship Significance:
- Unveiling the concept’s role and importance within relationships.
- Trust-Building Strategies and Covey’s Insights:
- Discovering Stephen Covey’s guidance on nurturing trust and relationships.
- Deposits vs. Withdrawals: Understanding Relationship Balances:
- Grasping the distinctions between giving and taking in emotional interactions.
- Workplace Integration of Emotional Bank Accounts:
- Applying the concept within a professional setting.
- Hands-On Application through Practical Exercises:
- Engaging in exercises to practically apply emotional bank account principles
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Trust-Building Strategies and Covey’s Insights: In pairs or small groups, participants will explore Stephen Covey’s insights on trust-building and relationships. They will discuss practical strategies for nurturing trust and deepening emotional connections.
- Deposits vs. Withdrawals in Relationships: Participants will reflect on the distinctions between making emotional deposits and withdrawals in relationships. They will discuss real-life scenarios where actions can contribute to a positive balance or deplete the emotional bank account.
- Applying the Emotional Bank Account at Work: In collaboration, participants will brainstorm ways to apply the Emotional Bank Account concept within a professional setting. They will explore how building trust and maintaining positive interactions can enhance workplace relationships.