Foods and Moods:
The Link Between Nutrition and Mental Health
The food we eat plays a vital role in maintaining good mental health and overall well-being. This presentation discusses the link between nutrition and mental health, and explores practical ways to incorporate mood-boosting foods into daily meals and snacks.
This session combines science-based knowledge and practical tips – providing attendees with the tools necessary to make positive dietary changes to improve their overall well-being.
- Explore how the food on your plate influences your mental well-being and gain insights into the fascinating science behind this connection.
- Learn how to identify foods and nutrients that have a positive impact on mood and mental health, and discover how to incorporate these mood enhancers into your diet.
- Dive into the role of gut health in influencing mental health, and uncover how your gut can be a powerful ally for emotional balance.
- Explore strategies for managing stress through healthy eating habits, and learn how the right foods can help you stay calm and collected in challenging times.
- Discover how to make smart, healthy food choices without breaking the bank, and and tap into budget-friendly nutrition tips for a happier mind and wallet.
- Mood-Boosting Meal Planning Exercise: Participants will plan a day’s worth of meals centered around mood-boosting foods, fostering an understanding of how dietary choices can positively impact mental well-being.
- Emotional Eating Awareness Exercise: Through guided reflection, participants will explore their emotional eating habits, identify triggers and patterns, and discuss strategies for cultivating healthier emotional responses to food cues.
- Gut Health Self-Assessment Exercise: Participants will complete a gut health self-assessment questionnaire, reflect on their results, and engage in a discussion about the potential influence of gut health on mental well-being.
The information provided in this webinar is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of information presented in this webinar.