Fathers and Mental Health:
Common Challenges and Strategies For Support
Fathers often face unique challenges when it comes to maintaining their mental health, and it’s important for them to have strategies for managing these challenges and seeking support when needed.
In this men’s health training program/workshop on fathers and mental health, participants will learn about common mental health challenges faced by fathers and strategies for managing and seeking support.
- Common mental health challenges faced by fathers, including stress, anxiety, and depression
- Strategies for managing mental health challenges, including seeking support, practicing self-care, and seeking professional help when needed
- The importance of seeking medical care and support for managing mental health challenges
- Resources and support options for fathers seeking to improve their mental health
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Identifying and setting goals for managing mental health challenges
- Developing a self-care plan for managing mental health challenges
- Practice relaxation techniques for managing stress
By the end of this session, participants will have gained a greater understanding of the common challenges that fathers face when it comes to their mental health, such as stress, isolation, and societal expectations. They will have learned about the various risk factors and warning signs of mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety.
Additionally, participants will have been provided with strategies for seeking support, such as talking to a therapist or counselor, joining a support group, and utilizing online resources. They will also have been given tips on how to maintain good mental health, such as practicing self-care, developing a support network, and managing stress.
Overall, participants will leave this session with a better understanding of the unique challenges that fathers face with regards to their mental health, and with the knowledge and resources necessary to support themselves and those around them.