Emotional Intelligence in Team-Building and Conflict Resolution:
A Practical Guide
Emotional intelligence is a critical component of effective teamwork and conflict resolution. It involves the ability to understand and manage one’s own emotions, as well as the emotions of others.
In this training, we will explore the role of emotional intelligence in building and maintaining effective teams, as well as resolving conflicts within teams.
We will also discuss the importance of emotional intelligence in promoting positive teamwork, and provide strategies for improving emotional intelligence skills in team-building and conflict resolution.
- To understand the role of emotional intelligence in team-building and conflict resolution
- To identify the key components of emotional intelligence in teamwork and conflict resolution
- To develop strategies for improving emotional intelligence in team-building and conflict resolution
- To apply emotional intelligence skills in teamwork and conflict resolution situations
- Interactive lectures
- Group discussions
- Practical exercises
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- Mayer and Salovey’s Four-Branch Model of Emotional Intelligence: This model suggests that emotional intelligence involves the ability to perceive, use, understand, and manage emotions.
- Goleman’s Five Domains of Emotional Intelligence: This model highlights the importance of self- awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills in emotional intelligence.
- Bar-On’s Emotional Quotient Inventory: This assessment tool measures emotional intelligence through self-report and observation.
- The Four-Branch Model can be used to understand the different components of emotional intelligence and how they interact with each other.
- The Five Domains model can be helpful in identifying areas for improvement and developing specific skills in each domain.
- The Emotional Quotient Inventory can be used as a tool for self-reflection and identifying areas for personal growth.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Emotional intelligence self-assessment
- Role-playing scenarios to practice empathy and communication skills in teamwork and conflict resolution situations
- Group discussions on applying emotional intelligence in team-building and conflict resolution
At the end of this session, participants will have a greater understanding of the role of emotional intelligence in team-building and conflict resolution and how to develop these skills.
They will also have a toolkit of strategies for improving their emotional intelligence, which will enable them to be more effective team members and better manage conflicts within teams.