Elevating Leadership Skills:
A Skills Training Workshop for Middle Managers
As middle managers, it is essential to have strong leadership skills in order to effectively guide and motivate team members. In this workshop, we will explore various frameworks and strategies for developing and enhancing leadership skills in the workplace.
- To understand the importance of leadership development in the workplace
- To learn about different frameworks and strategies for developing leadership skills
- To develop skills for implementing these frameworks and strategies in the workplace
- Definition of leadership and the role of middle managers as leaders
- The importance of self-awareness and emotional intelligence in leadership
- The Situational Leadership framework and its application in the workplace
- The Transformational Leadership framework and its role in inspiring and motivating team members
- The Leader-Member Exchange (LMX) theory and its impact on team dynamics and performance
- Practical exercises on using the Situational Leadership and Transformational Leadership frameworks in leadership scenarios
- The role of communication, feedback, and delegation in effective leadership
- Best practices for leading and motivating diverse teams
- Presentation of key concepts and frameworks
- Group discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Practical exercises and role-play
- Case studies and examples from various industries
This training will incorporate both theoretical and practical elements, with a focus on providing middle managers with the knowledge and skills they need to effectively develop and enhance their leadership skills in the workplace. The practical exercises included in this session will provide attendees with the opportunity to apply the concepts and frameworks covered to real-world scenarios and develop action plans for implementing these strategies in their own workplaces.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- Situational Leadership: This framework suggests that the most effective leadership style depends on the development level of the team members being led.
- Transformational Leadership: This framework involves leaders inspiring and motivating team members through a shared vision and the ability to empower and develop team members.
- Leader-Member Exchange (LMX) Theory: This theory suggests that leaders form relationships with team members on different levels, which can impact team dynamics and performance.
- The Situational Leadership framework can be used to assess the development level of team members and choose the most appropriate leadership style.
- The Transformational Leadership framework can be used to inspire and motivate team members through a shared vision and the development of their skills and abilities.
- The Leader-Member Exchange (LMX) theory can be used to understand the impact of leader-member relationships on team dynamics and performance, and to develop strategies for improving these relationships.
At the end of this session, middle managers will have a deep understanding of the various frameworks and strategies for developing leadership skills, and will have developed the skills to effectively implement these frameworks and strategies in the workplace. They will be able to assess the development level of their team members and choose the most appropriate leadership style, and will be able to inspire and motivate their team members through a shared vision and the development of their skills and abilities. They will also have a strong understanding of the impact of leader-member relationships on team dynamics and performance, and will have developed strategies for improving these relationships. Overall, they will have the tools and knowledge to effectively lead and motivate their teams.