The Role of Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Emotional intelligence plays a critical role in shaping employee engagement and effectiveness in the workplace.
In this training, we will explore the concept of emotional intelligence and discuss strategies for developing these skills within ourselves and our teams. Through a combination of theoretical and practical elements, including interactive exercises and discussions, participants will learn how to leverage frameworks and techniques to cultivate emotional intelligence and enhance employee engagement within their own organizations.
- To understand the concept of emotional intelligence and its impact on employee engagement
- To learn strategies for developing emotional intelligence skills within ourselves and our teams
- To explore tools and techniques for measuring and improving emotional intelligence
- To develop actionable plans for implementing emotional intelligence development within their own organizations
- Interactive lectures and discussions
- Group exercises and case studies
- Individual reflection and planning time
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Emotional intelligence self-assessment exercise: Participants will assess their own emotionalintelligence using a provided tool or template.
- Emotional intelligence development planning: Participants will work in small groups to developactionable plans for developing emotional intelligence within their own organizations.
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT): This tool is used to assess emotional intelligence and provides feedback on specific areas for improvement.
- The Emotional Intelligence Leadership Model: This model outlines the key characteristics of emotionally intelligent leaders, including self-awareness, self-regulation, and empathy.
- The Emotional Intelligence Competency Framework: This framework outlines specific competencies that contribute to emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, and social skills.
- The MSCEIT can be used to assess individual and team emotional intelligence and provide targeted feedback for improvement.
- The Emotional Intelligence Leadership Model can be used to identify and develop key characteristics of emotionally intelligent leaders within an organization.
- The Emotional Intelligence Competency Framework can be used as a guide for developing specific emotional intelligence competencies within individuals and teams.
By the end of this training, participants will have a deep understanding of the role of emotional intelligence in shaping employee engagement and will have developed strategies and action plans for cultivating these skills within their own organizations. They will have the knowledge and tools to measure and assess emotional intelligence, identify areas for improvement, and implement effective development strategies. Participants will be equipped to create a culture of emotional intelligence that enhances employee engagement, satisfaction, and effectiveness.