Distinguishing Fact From Opinion
Distinguishing fact from opinion is an important skill in today’s information-rich world, as it allows us to make more informed decisions and evaluate information critically.
In this skills training workshop, we will learn how to identify and differentiate between statements that are based on evidence and those that are based on personal beliefs or viewpoints.
- To increase awareness and understanding of the concept of fact and opinion
- To develop skills in identifying and evaluating credible sources of information
- To learn strategies for distinguishing fact from opinion
- Lecture and discussion
- Group and individual exercises
- Case studies and role-playing
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- Media literacy – a framework that helps individuals understand and analyze the media, including its forms, content, and effects.
- Critical thinking skills – a framework that helps individuals evaluate information and arguments, think logically and critically, and solve problems.
- Source evaluation – a framework that helps individuals assess the credibility and reliability of sources of information.
- Applying strategies for distinguishing fact from opinion in daily work tasks and decision-making
- Evaluating the credibility of sources before using them in reports, presentations, or other work-related materials
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Participants will complete media literacy activities to practice analyzing and evaluating different forms of media
- Group discussions and individual exercises will be used to practice critical thinking skills and source evaluation
Increased awareness and understanding of the concept of fact and opinion, and the importance of distinguishing between them.
Improved skills in identifying and evaluating credible sources of information.
Enhanced ability to distinguish fact from opinion in daily work tasks and decision-making.
Greater understanding of media literacy and critical thinking skills, and how to apply them in the workplace.