Developing Emotional Intelligence:
Strategies for Improving Relationships & Personal Growth
This training focuses on strengthening relationships using Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Stephen Covey’s Emotional Bank Account (EBA) principles.
During this training, participants will learn about emotional intelligence and its relevance in both personal and professional settings. We will cover the emotional bank account and how it operates, as well as the significance of building trust in relationships.
Through practical strategies and examples, participants will learn to manage their emotions, communicate effectively, and enhance their relationship-building skills.
- Explore how Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Emotional Bank Account (EBA) principles can help strengthen relationships.
- Understand the concept of the emotional bank account, how it works, and why it’s important to make more deposits than withdrawals.
- Recognize how actions that damage relationships create withdrawals from the emotional bank account, and identify ways to avoid these actions.
- Gain insights into how building trust and investing in relationships can be achieved.
- Learn practical strategies for improving emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills
- The role of emotional intelligence in communication, decision-making, and problem-solving
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Personal EI Assessment: Participants take a brief emotional intelligence assessment, identify one area for improvement, and create an action plan for personal and professional growth.
- Building Stronger Relationships: Participants identify one action they can take to make a deposit into a colleague’s or team member’s Emotional Bank Account and reflect on how this action can improve their personal and professional relationships.
- Emotional Regulation Techniques: Participants practice a brief emotional regulation technique, identify common emotions they struggle to regulate, and reflect on how these techniques can help them manage those emotions on an individual level
By the end of this training, our goal is for participants to have a foundation in practical strategies to improve their emotional intelligence and build stronger relationships using Stephen Covey’s Emotional Bank Account principles.