Developing Problem-Solving Skills through Analysis and Reasoning
Critical thinking is an essential skill for problem-solving and decision-making in any profession. It involves analyzing and evaluating information, making logical connections between ideas, and applying reasoning to arrive at conclusions. This workshop aims to introduce participants to the concept of critical thinking and provide strategies for developing their problem-solving skills through analysis and reasoning.
- To understand the importance of critical thinking in problem-solving and decision-making
- To learn strategies for analyzing and evaluating information
- To understand and apply concepts such as logical reasoning, deduction, induction, and abduction
- To practice applying critical thinking skills to solve problems in a work setting
- Definition and importance of critical thinking
- Analysis and evaluation of information
- Logical reasoning, deduction, induction, and abduction
- Applying critical thinking skills to solve problems
This workshop will include a mix of lectures, group discussions, and practical exercises. Participants will have the opportunity to practice applying critical thinking skills to real-world scenarios and receive feedback on their problem-solving skills.
This workshop will include both theoretical and practical elements, with lectures on the concepts of critical thinking and practical exercises to apply these concepts to solve problems.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Group problem-solving activity
- Individual critical thinking exercise
(included in Half-Day and Full Day sessions)
- The 5-step problem-solving process
- The 7-step critical thinking process
Participants will learn how to apply the skills and frameworks covered in this workshop to their work setting, including how to analyze and evaluate information, make logical connections between ideas, and apply critical thinking skills to solve problems.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have a deeper understanding of the importance of critical thinking in problem-solving and decision-making, and will have developed strategies for applying critical thinking skills to solve problems in their work setting. They will have had the opportunity to practice and improve their problem-solving skills through analysis and reasoning, and will be equipped with the skills to continue developing their critical thinking abilities in the future.