Compassion Fatigue Awareness
Compassion fatigue is a common and serious issue for many employees, particularly those who work in caring or helping professions. It is characterized by physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion, as well as a decreased ability to feel empathy and compassion towards others.
In this session, employees will learn about the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue, as well as strategies for preventing and managing it. Through practical exercises and group discussions, participants will have the opportunity to develop their own self-care and resilience skills, and to create a compassion fatigue toolkit to support them in times of need.
- Defining Compassion Fatigue and Recognizing its Symptoms:
- Grasping the essence of compassion fatigue and its telltale signs.
- Unveiling the Roots and Outcomes of Compassion Fatigue:
- Understanding its origins, causes, and potential repercussions.
- Fortifying Through Prevention and Boundaries:
- Embracing strategies like boundary-setting and self-care to prevent compassion fatigue.
- Self-Care and Building Resilience:
- Cultivating self-care routines, resilience techniques, and seeking support.
- Crafting a Compassion Fatigue Toolkit:
- Developing a toolkit filled with actionable strategies, steps, and resources for high-strain periods.
included in 90-min & Half Day sessions
- Unpacking Compassion Fatigue Causes: Participants will explore the roots and outcomes of compassion fatigue in pairs or small groups. They will discuss the potential causes and consequences of experiencing compassion fatigue in their personal and professional lives.
- Self-Care and Resilience Building: Participants will engage in an activity where they brainstorm and share self-care routines and resilience techniques. They will consider ways to cultivate emotional well-being and build their capacity to manage compassion fatigue.
- Creating a Compassion Fatigue Toolkit: Participants will collaboratively develop a compassion fatigue toolkit that includes actionable strategies, steps, and resources for high-strain periods. They will share insights and practical suggestions for addressing compassion fatigue.