Compassion Fatigue Awareness
Compassion fatigue is a common and serious issue for many employees, particularly those who work in caring or helping professions. It is characterized by physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion, as well as a decreased ability to feel empathy and compassion towards others.
In this workshop, employees will learn about the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue, as well as strategies for preventing and managing it. Through practical exercises and group discussions, participants will have the opportunity to develop their own self-care and resilience
skills, and to create a compassion fatigue toolkit to support them in times of need.
Topics to be covered
- The definition and symptoms of compassion fatigue
- The causes and consequences of compassion fatigue
- Prevention strategies, including setting boundaries, practicing self-care, and seeking support
- Self-care and resilience strategies, including relaxation techniques, exercise, and seeking support from others
- The development of a compassion fatigue toolkit, featuring a collection of strategies, practical steps and resources to utilize during periods of high strain.
included in 90-min, 3hr and 7hr sessions.
- Participants will work in small groups to identify their own self-care and resilience strategies
- Participants will also have the opportunity to create their own compassion fatigue toolkit, with guidance from the facilitator