Coaching for Success:
Developing Your Skills as a Manager
Managers play a crucial role in supporting and developing the skills and capabilities of their team members. By acting as coaches, they can guide their team members to achieve their full potential and make significant contributions to the success of their organization.
In this skills training workshop, we will explore the role of the manager as a coach, and provide participants with the tools and techniques they need to effectively coach their team members.
Aims and Objectives:
- To understand the role of the manager as a coach and the benefits of coaching as a leadership style
- To learn how to effectively coach team members through the use of various techniques and approaches
- To develop strategies for giving feedback and support to team members
- To practice these skills through interactive exercises and role-plays
This workshop will utilize a variety of teaching methods, including lectures, group discussions, and interactive exercises. Participants will have the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned through role-plays and case studies. There will also be time for Q&A, where participants can ask questions and get feedback from the facilitator.
- The 5C Coaching Model: This is a coaching framework that focuses on five key areas of development: Confidence, Competence, Creativity, Communication, and Connection. It can be leveraged in work settings by using it as a structured approach for guiding team members through the coaching process and helping them develop in these key areas.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: This is a personal development framework that helps individuals achieve personal and professional effectiveness. It can be used in work settings by using it as a guide for coaching team members to improve their performance and achieve their goals.
- The TGROW Model: This is a problem-solving and decision-making framework that helps individuals identify and overcome challenges in their development. It can be leveraged in work settings by using it as a structured approach for guiding team members through the coaching process and helping them identify and overcome obstacles to their development.
- Case studies and role-plays: Participants will have the opportunity to practice the skills they have learned through case studies and role-plays. These exercises will provide a safe and supportive environment for participants to apply their knowledge and skills, and receive feedback from the facilitator and their peers.
- Group discussions: Participants will have the opportunity to engage in group discussions and share their experiences and insights on coaching as a leadership style. This will provide a forum for participants to learn from each other and exchange ideas on best practices.
- Individual coaching sessions: Participants will have the opportunity to practice coaching skills by role-playing individual coaching sessions with a partner. This will provide a chance for participants to apply the techniques and approaches they have learned in a simulated coaching scenario, and receive feedback from their peers.
- Action planning: Participants will work in small groups to develop an action plan for implementing coaching in their work settings. This will involve identifying goals, strategies, and resources needed to effectively coach their team members.