Coaching and Feedback:
Developing Employee Performance and Engagement
- Presentation Length: 60-min / 90-mins / Half Day
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
Providing effective feedback and coaching is essential for managers in helping employees improve their performance and feel valued.
This training session is designed to equip managers with the skills and knowledge to provide effective feedback and coaching to their employees.
Content OutlineDuring the training session, the following topics will be covered:
- The importance of feedback and coaching in improving employee performance, engagement, and retention.
- Different types of feedback and when to use them, such as positive feedback, constructive feedback, and developmental feedback.
- Effective coaching techniques including active listening, asking open-ended questions, and providing actionable feedback.
- Overcoming common feedback and coaching challenges, e.g., delivering difficult feedback, addressing resistance, and managing emotions.
- Implementing a feedback and coaching program including setting goals, measuring progress, and providing ongoing support.
Practical exercises(included in 90-min sessions)
- Role-playing exercise: Participants will practice giving feedback and coaching to a colleague and receive feedback from their peers.
- Self-reflection exercise: Participants will reflect on their own experiences with feedback and coaching and identify areas for improvement.
- Goal-setting exercise: Participants will work in groups to develop specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals for coaching and feedback.
(included in Half-Day sessions)
- The S.T.A.R model: This framework emphasizes the importance of Situation, Task, Action, and Result in giving effective feedback.
- The G.R.O.W model: This framework focuses on Goal, Reality, Options, and Way Forward in coaching employees to achieve their goals.
- The F.E.E.D model: This framework highlights the importance of Feedback, Empathy, Engagement, and Development in creating a successful feedback and coaching program.
Providing effective coaching and feedback is crucial for helping employees improve their performance and achieve their goals. By implementing the frameworks and exercises learned in this training session, managers can develop their skills and provide their employees with the support they need to succeed.