Building Social Connections: Strategies for Combating Loneliness & Isolation
- Presentation Length: 60-mins / 90-mins
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
Loneliness and isolation can have serious impacts on mental health and wellbeing, and can be particularly challenging in the workplace. However, building social connections and fostering a sense of community can help combat these feelings and improve overall well-being.
In this presentation, we will explore strategies for building social connections, improving social support networks, and promoting community within the workplace.
- Understanding the impacts of loneliness and isolation on mental health and well-being
- Building social connections through volunteering, social clubs or groups, and workplace social events
- Improving communication and active listening skills to strengthen social support networks
- Strategies for creating a more supportive and inclusive workplace culture
- Tips for promoting community and social connections within the workplace
(included in 90-min sessions)
- Small group discussions on ways to build social connections within the workplace
- A networking exercise to practice effective communication and active listening skills
- Goal-setting for incorporating social connection-building practices into daily routines
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of the impacts of loneliness and isolation on mental health and well-being, as well as practical strategies for building social connections, improving social support networks, and promoting community within the workplace.