Bridging the Generational Divide: Creating a Cohesive Multigenerational Workforce
- Presentation Length: 60-mins / 90-mins / Half day
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
The workforce today comprises of four different generations: Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z. Each generation has its unique values, communication styles, and work preferences.
In this presentation, managers and team leaders will learn how to bridge the generational divide and create a cohesive and productive multigenerational workforce.
(included in 90-min and Half Day sessions)
- Generational diversity assessment tools
- Online learning resources on generational diversity and related topics
- Recommended books and articles on building a multigenerational workforce culture
- Understanding the characteristics and values of each generation in the workforce
- Overcoming generational stereotypes and biases
- Strategies for improving communication and collaboration across generations
- Creating a culture of respect and inclusion that embraces generational diversity
- Building on the strengths of each generation to enhance team performance
- Navigating common generational conflicts and challenges
- The role of leadership in promoting a multigenerational workforce culture
(included in 90-min sessions)
- Practicing active listening and empathetic communication
- Developing cross-generational mentoring relationships
- Brainstorming solutions to common generational conflicts
(included in Half-Day sessions)
- The “REACH” framework for bridging generational differences: Respect, Empathy, Awareness, Communication, and Humility
- The “STAR” feedback framework for providing positive and constructive feedback: Situation, Task, Action, Result
- The “G.R.O.W.” coaching framework for setting and achieving goals: Goal, Reality, Options, Way Forward
By bridging the generational divide, employees can create a more cohesive and productive multigenerational workforce that leverages the strengths of each generation. It takes practice and effort, but the rewards are significant.
With the strategies, tools, and exercises provided in this presentation, employees can start cultivating a culture of respect and inclusion that embraces generational diversity and contributes to the overall success of the organization.