A Manager’s Guide to Work-Life Balance, Stress & People Management
- Presentation Length: 60-mins; 90-min; Half Day.
- Participant Numbers: 15-500+
- Virtual and In-person options available
- Sessions can be recorded for internal use
- Onsite training available globally: North & South America, EMEIA, APAC, LATAM
- Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and Malay.
This workshop is designed to equip managers with the tools and strategies they need to balance the demands of work and personal life, manage stress effectively, and lead their teams with empathy and compassion. The fast-paced nature of today’s work environment can make it challenging to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and this can have a negative impact on our health, relationships, and overall well-being.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to set boundaries, prioritize self-care, and create a more harmonious work environment for themselves and their teams.
- Work/Life Balance
- Defining work-life balance and its importance
- Identifying personal values and priorities
- Setting boundaries and creating a schedule that supports work-life balance
- Stress Management
- Understanding the causes of stress in the workplace
- Identifying personal stress triggers
- Practical strategies for managing stress, including mindfulness, exercise, and time management
- People Management
- Understanding the importance of empathy and compassion in leadership
- Communicating effectively with team members
- Managing difficult personalities and conflicts
- Motivating and inspiring team members
(included in 90-min sessions)
- Participants will complete a personal values assessment to identify their priorities and goals.
- Participants will create a schedule that supports their work-life balance goals
- Participants will practice mindfulness and stress management techniques in a guided meditation session.
- Participants will work in small groups to role-play difficult conversations and brainstorm effective strategies for managing conflicts.
(included in half-day sessions)
- The Wheel of Life: This framework helps participants to identify which areas of their life are most important to them and where they would like to make changes. It also helps them to see how different areas of their life are interconnected. By using this framework, participants will be able to create a more balanced and fulfilling life.
- The Stress Management Cycle: This framework helps participants to understand the different stages of stress and how to manage it effectively. It consists of three main stages: Trigger, Response, and Outcome. By understanding the stress management cycle, participants will be able to identify their stress triggers and develop effective strategies to manage stress.
- The Emotional Intelligence Framework: This framework helps participants to understand the importance of emotional intelligence in leadership and how it can be developed. It includes four main components: self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, and empathy. By understanding and developing emotional intelligence, participants will be better equipped to lead their teams with empathy and compassion.
By the end of this session, participants will have a better understanding of how to balance the demands of work and personal life, manage stress effectively, and lead their teams with empathy and compassion. They will have the tools and strategies they need to create a more harmonious work environment for themselves and their teams, and they will be better equipped to handle the challenges of today’s fast-paced work environment.
The workshop is designed to be interactive, informative, and practical, and participants will leave with a plan to implement the strategies they have learned.