Active Listening and Empathetic Communication
Active listening and empathetic communication are essential skills for creating a safe and open environment in coaching conversations. Managers who possess these skills can foster trust, build rapport, and facilitate meaningful dialogue with their direct reports.
This session centers on developing active listening abilities and empathetic communication techniques.
Managers will learn to listen attentively, understand perspectives, and respond with empathy and understanding, ultimately enhancing their coaching effectiveness.
- The Significance of Active Listening and Empathetic Communication
- Understanding the impact of active listening and empathy on coaching effectiveness.
- Exploring the benefits of creating a safe and open environment for coaching conversations.
- Techniques for Active Listening
- Enhancing attentive listening skills and maintaining focus.
- Utilizing paraphrasing and clarifying to ensure accurate understanding.
- Responding with Empathy and Understanding
- Validating emotions and demonstrating empathy.
- Practicing reflective and supportive responses.
- Creating a Safe and Open Environment
- Building trust and rapport through empathetic communication.
- Fostering psychological safety for open dialogue and collaboration.
included in 90-min, Half Day & Full Day sessions
- Active Listening Role-Play: Participants engage in role-plays to practice active listening techniques in coaching scenarios.
- Empathy Exercise: Participants pair up and share personal experiences, practicing empathetic responses and understanding.
- Trust-Building Activity: Participants participate in a trust-building exercise to enhance openness and collaboration.
included in 3hr+7hr sessions.
- SOLER Model: A framework for non-verbal communication that enhances active listening.
- LEAPS Framework: A framework for empathetic responses, focusing on listening, empathizing, asking questions, paraphrasing, and summarizing.
- Enhanced active listening skills for effective coaching conversations.
- Improved ability to create a safe and open environment in coaching interactions.
- Strengthened trust and rapport with direct reports.
- Increased understanding of employees’ perspectives and needs.
- Enhanced coaching effectiveness through empathetic communication.